[CT Birds] Stratford birding

katz1449 at aol.com katz1449 at aol.com
Sun Jan 24 15:25:05 EST 2010

1/24  11:30AM-1:30PM
Started at Birdseye Boat Ramp in Stratford and found 3  Gadwalls,
7 American Coots, 5 Mallards and I believe 1 Juvenile  Black Crowned Night
Heron-photo attached.  I would  appreciate confirmation.
At Frash Pond were several Hooded mergansers, Black Ducks,  Canada Geese.
At Long Beach was a sparrow "shuffling" through the sand and  dune grasses.
Resembled Sibley photo of Savannah Sparrow, p. 490 Adult Ipswich. Couldn't
get a photo or definitive I.D. since it moved too  quickly.
Also attached are photos of yesterday's (1/23) Harlequin  Duck at
Farmington River,  Mill Lane location.
Beverly Propen, Orange