[CT Birds] Bird questions

Zagorski, Sara szagorski at daypitney.com
Mon Jan 25 13:15:50 EST 2010

Hi AVO,

Were you out scouring the coast yesterday looking for a Ivory Gull? I wasn't, Team Tina was out scouring the NW hills looking for grouse. We didn't find any, no surprise there. My grouse question is: are the grouse we see in the spring the same grouse that are around now? How big a territory does a grouse cover? Do you have any grouse info that would be useful in helping find them now?

Team Tina is also trying to find a Ring-necked Pheasant. She is checking Silver Sands and Seaside Park. Do you know of any other good locations for them? I've been driving up and down the roads at Station 43 but haven't seen any there.

I have to admit my last email to you actually was a whining email and I hoped you ignored it. I'm sure you did, but I am trying very hard not to do it again. No one likes a whiner and I don't want to be like that. I'm just out having a good time birding and will let the results fall where they may. See, that's very relaxed, right?  :)

I heard that Mardi admitted she had 136 yesterday on the NHBC walk. She will have to work very hard to get the 20 additional birds she needs to win in one week.

You will be glad to know that Tina spent Sat. night going through "Conn. Birds by the Season" and making a list of all birds seen in Jan. See how useful your list is to everyone? If only it was a phone app.

Did you watch Emma last night? Did you love it? If for some reason you missed it, the first episode is available on the PBS site. It is a very good production and I think your family would enjoy it a nice change from your usual football fare.

Back to scouting birds - I mean, back to enjoying going out and birding and not worrying about anything.

Relaxed Penguin

Sara Zagorski
Director of Information Resources
Day Pitney LLP
242 Trumbull Street | Hartford CT 06103-1212
| t (860) 275 0322 | f (860) 275 0343 | c (860) 992 2454
szagorski at daypitney.com       www.daypitney.com

IRS Circular 230 Notice: Any tax advice provided herein (including any attachments) is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that
may be imposed on any taxpayer.

This message contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for
the use of the addressee(s) named above.  Any disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the
information by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message.  Thank you.

 .