[CT Birds] Sta. 43 area, S Windsor, belated report

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 14:59:55 EST 2010

I made a quick trip to S Windsor on Friday, 1/22.  Not too  much around,
but I did see a male Am Kestrel teed up near the brook on Vibert  Rd, and
while I watched a second 1 came by and circled the first.  He took  off and they
flew off to the northwest together.  Hopefully paired up for  spring.
Also, the S.W. Bald Eagles are working on their nest again.   No eggs yet
because they left together, but I'm sure it won't be long.  I  was surprised to
see a small plane take off from the field right next to the  nest tree.  Hope
that activity does not bother them.  A few long range  pics here:
Don Morgan