[CT Birds] Feeder Bluebirds

Douglas McMane dmcmane at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 26 16:02:57 EST 2010

Three bluebirds briefly at my backyard feeder in the Quiet Corner this
morning.  Bluebirds show up occasionally.  But what are they selecting from
the feeder?  I feed Wild Delight Deck, Porch, n' Patio.  Ingredient list
includes sunflower kernels, peanuts, pistachios, and pumpkin seeds, and a
bunch of additives with dextrose at the end of the list.  No mention of
berries, though some Wild Delight formulas have them.  I saw bluebirds last
winter, put out some raisins, raisins were ignored by all.
Doug McMane