[CT Birds] Harlequin Duck-Florida

Sailcarm at aol.com Sailcarm at aol.com
Tue Jan 26 17:30:34 EST 2010

Tuesday, Jan. 26 from Vero Beach, Florida

Would you believe I had a f. or imm. Harlequin Duck today in Sebastian,
Florida, north of Vero Beach in Sebastian Inlet SP!  Surreal!  You  could have
knocked me over with a tern feather, speaking of which  I had 5 species:
Caspian, Royal, Sandwich, Forster's, and Black  Skimmers.

Great spot!  Sorry for the intrusion of a FL item on the CT list,  but
couldn't resist, as Harlequins seem to be v in vogue at the  moment.  Getting
the park officials to accompany me, to believe me,  and to help me document
this is another long, long story which I will tell my  birding friends about
at another more appropriate time.  Remind me to NEVER  take the CT birding
community for granted.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford, CT