[CT Birds] alcids? in the Thames yesterday

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 10:51:29 EST 2010

Birders,

I was relating the Dovekie story to my environmental science class this morning and one of my students told us that his father saw two birds in the Thames River yesterday (1/26) that he had never seen before.  The description sounded good for alcid but that was as far as I coud tell from a second-hand description.  The father is knowledgeable about birds and is an avid duck hunter.  The location was at the Thames Dredge and Dock Company near the ferry service area.

Glenn