[CT Birds] alcid?

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Wed Jan 27 11:02:32 EST 2010

I have seen Razorbills go up the mouth of the Thames in past years. I have also seen Gannets travel a ways up the Thames and I believe Bob Dewire has seen Kittiwakes go up the river as well. A recent report from Montauk, NY estimated over 1,000 Razorbills  off the point so there certainly is plenty around. The recent storm may have moved a few to the CT shoreline. No one knows better than I how pelagic and semi-pelagic birdless LI Sound along the CT shoreline can seem, but every once in a while you can turn up a gem.

Dave Provencher
Naturally New England<http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.