[CT Birds] CACC

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 14:41:59 EST 2010

1/27  Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center,  Milford   10AM-1PM,  sunny,
40,  high tide receding.
As seen from marsh windows:
10 Hooded Mergansers, 6 Buffleheads, 2 Mute Swans,
4 American Wigeons,
2 Mallards, 1 Great Black backed gull, 2 Northern  harriers.
At feeders-5 American Tree sparrows (most number I have seen  there),
1 Female Cardinal, 1 Song sparrow, house  sparrows.

At my backyard feeders, on Monday (1/25) during the rain/wind  storm ,
there was a Dark eyed Junco exhibiting the symptoms of  conjunctivitis like
the House finches have had.....crusty eyes, matted feathers  on head,
constantly sneezing, breathing with beak open.  I tried to catch  it, but it was
still able to fly.  I have not seen it since then.  I  did bleach out that
feeder.  I have only seen the House finches and one  Goldfinch having that
disease.  This was the first junco I have seen with  it.
Beverly Propen,  Orange