[CT Birds] Mansfield Center, misc

Jo-Anne Roberts jmrcnslt at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:59:46 EST 2010

Anybody noticing that the Goldfinches are molting? I've got one that's got a nice tinge of yellow appearing on his back and sides! Spring is around the corner.

How do birds know that fresh suet has been put out? my suet feeders (homemade suet, peanut butter, cornmeal mixture) had been empty for two days while I made a new batch. I refilled them this morning and before I returned to the house the titmouse and dark eyed juncos were all over them. It took the wood peckers about 5 minutes to respond to the call!

Mansfield Center