[CT Birds] Thames alcids follow up

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 12:08:39 EST 2010

I sent my student home the other day with descriptions of Dovekie and Razorbill and instructions to look up pictures.  He says that his father could rule out both because his birds were too big for Dovekie and their bills were too thin for Razorbill - a good match otherwise.  Murres anyone?

I drove right by the area in my coastal checks that afternoon, concentrating instead on the best areas with my limited time.  It just goes to show that things can show up anywhere after a storm - or any time - a good reminder to check your "local patch".

As the RI Ivory Gull drifts westward, check that non-descript cove near you.

Glenn Williams
Mystic