[CT Birds] Georgia Ivory Gull - Sad news!

Julian Hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Fri Jan 29 17:22:06 EST 2010

out of state I know,  but those aware of the most southerly Ivory Gull in
the US, will be saddened to hear that the bird is currently in a moribund
state having suffered an attack by a Bald Eagle. One wing is broken, with
bone visible, and it's currently huddled on shore next to a tree. Rehabbers
have been called, but the US F&W have advised people to "let nature take
it's course" and not pick it up (I think that's what was posted).

Anyway, the bird is unlikely to survive if not taken into care, and it's a
rather sad fate for this bird's visit!

Julian Hough
80 Sea Street
New Haven, CT, USA