[CT Birds] Black Yardbirds

Jan Hamilton janh.2005 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 30 11:45:06 EST 2010

My apologies for this late post, given the interest in early black birds. I have had small numbers of grackles and RWBB here consistently since November. Like the juncos and goldfinch appear and disappear, so do they. Three grackles today. Last week a pair of cowbirds and 1 RWBB one day, 3 RWBB present on another day.

A junco note: normally ground feeders, right? They have been getting on all the feeders except the peanut butter, which includes suet, BOSS, mixed seeds and nyger. The flock usually has a tree sparrow tagging along.

Jan Hamilton
Old Saybrook