[CT Birds] 01/31/10 Farmington Harlequin continues

pwking sleepypedro at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 10:08:04 EST 2010

>From Peter W. King:

01/31/10 - Mill Lane, Farmington - 1 HARLEQUIN DUCK (drake) continues in the
mill pond below the Grist Mill Restaurant at 9:15-9:30am.

While we were watching, an immature BALD EAGLE (~2 yrs old) flew over, took a couple of unsuccessful dives at the harlequin.

We also spotted a male HOODED MERGANSER on the other side of the building.

We got a few ok pictures of the eagle.  If anyone wants copies, let me know.