[CT Birds] Y.B. Sapsucker vrs window East Hampton

Pat Dufour patdufour at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 31 10:47:10 EST 2010

This morning I heard a hard bang on my window and peeked out and saw a YB Sapsucker lying in a crook of my large Rhododendron bush.  I went out and found the bird alive.  It peeped when I picked it up ( its wings were slightly pinned by the branch/trunk) and it settled against my fleece robe. I tried to sooth it as I took it out back to the post with the apples that it has been eating, and placed it just above the apples.  It puffed up and I watched from inside as it just sat there.  about 15 to 20 minutes later when I checked, it was gone.  I hope it was only stunned and recovered.
Pat.