[CT Birds] Hawks - W Hartford

Bissell, T. (Tracey) Tracey.Bissell at us.ing.com
Mon Feb 1 08:53:06 EST 2010

1/31/10 - it was Hawk day in W Hartford.

Coopers Hawk - perched above the yard for almost 3 hours.  No movement,
after about 2 hours the smaller birds became brave and went back to the
feeders.  He must have been well fed.  He had a very clear black cap -
looking like he had a buzz cut.

Red Tail - perched on a 5 foot high stump that has lots of vines hiding
him.  He was large with a vey white upper breast and the belly band was
not strong.  We had to leave but I hope he was able to reduce the
squirrel population.

We also had a very brave White Breasted Nuthatch - he was very active in
the tree just above the Coopers Hawk

Tracey R Bissell
Business Analyst
Technical Services
ING USFS
(860) 580-3453
tracey.bissell at us.ing.com

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.