[CT Birds] Birds who need rehab

sunny19682 at comcast.net sunny19682 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 1 10:58:19 EST 2010

we've gotten into this discussion before but is there an UPDATED list some place for wildlife rehabbers - and not just for birds, but for any wild animal? I know the DEP is in a terrible situation but their list is far from updated and when there is a crisis, time IS of the essence. Too many times I've run into problems and either nobody responded or called back when it was too late. I know folks are terribly overwhelmed especially during peak seasons and we really need more people and I wish I could be one of them... still hoping to take the necessary course if anything for my own information... I bow down to those doing this full time... I couldn't imagine the demand for help. It would be really helpful if there was an updated list posted online that is periodically checked to make sure all listed are still doing the work - too many I called at one time were no longer doing rehab work. Burn out is a major problem I am sure...

Donna Lorello