[CT Birds] Shorebird data from 2008 RFI

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Feb 2 15:39:25 EST 2010

Jennifer Mattei and Mark Beekey, researchers at Sacred Heart University, are studying predation on horseshoe crab eggs at Milford Point and Sandy Point (New Haven Harbor).  We set out artificial horseshoe crab nests to test what types of predators will eat them for five days at the end of May and the middle of June, 2008.  We would like to know what species of shorebirds were observed during May 15th through June 30, 2008 by experience birders from.  If anyone has any lists of shorebird species from that time period that they would like to share with us, please send the information to:

Jennifer H. Mattei, Ph.D.
matteij at sacredheart.edu<mailto:matteij at sacredheart.edu>
Associate Professor
Department of Biology