[CT Birds] sapsucker

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 08:36:24 EST 2010

Hi Pat,
Glad to hear that your yellow bellied sapsucker is still  active in your
I have stickers on my windows, ribbons hanging from the  awning, "tic tac
toe" boards drawn in highlighter marker on my windows.  My  kids tease me.
Usually it deters the birds from hitting the windows, but it  seems there
is always one bird that finds the ONE spot on my window that is  clear.
They seem to all have flown away safely though.
Your posting  stimulated a good conversation from Jayne and Meredith on
caring for birds that  have hit windows.
Good birding,
Bev  Propen