[CT Birds] CACC

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 14:12:01 EST 2010

2/3/10  Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center, Milford   10AM-1PM
cloudy, 30, low tide rising.
Seen from marsh windows-
1 mockingbird, 2 Cardinals (male feeding female), 15 house  sparrows,
4 song sparrows, 2 White throated sparrows, 3 American Tree  sparrows,
2 mourning doves, 3 mute swans.  What I thought were 11  Canada Geese
turned out to be decoys,as I noticed a hunter in his boat.  No  other ducks
on the marsh (smart).  The hunter actually got out of his  boat and walked
about on the frozen marsh mudflats with his rifle.  A few  ring billed gulls
early while tide was low.
Bev Propen, Orange