[CT Birds] Banded Canada Goose question

Larson Eric eric_r_larson at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 8 14:01:25 EST 2010

Mystic River, Groton Side, South of I95 bridge, 1:30PM.

I was driving north along the Mystic River along River Road and saw the usual hooded megansers (10-15 from the town to the I-95 overpass), scads of herring gulls, mallards and black ducks aplenty, a few greater black-backed gulls, two red-breasted mergansers (both male) and Bufflehead (3M, 2F).

But what caught my eye was amid a flock of ~100 Cananda Geese on the ice across from the Mystic Seaport - a single, neck-banded goose.  The band was yellow, approx 4-5" wide with black lettering/numbering running along the length of the neck.  The bird was tagged "E636".  Any idea who did the tagging and who to whom to report the sighting?

Eric Larson