[CT Birds] Canada geese DEP tags

Carol Ansel carolansel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 14:34:39 EST 2010

Here's a link to an article about the Canada geese tagging program
that the CT DEP has done:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2723&Q=326148

And an excerpt with info about who to contact:

How You Can Help
The Wildlife Division is requesting that anyone who observes geese
with yellow neck collars to report sightings to the Waterfowl Program
at 860-642-7239 or min.huang at po.state.ct.us. Desired information
includes the individual collar codes, number of collared birds
present, number of uncollared birds present and the location and date.

The study appears to have been begun in 2002, and the article says it
was to be a 4-year study.   I think the last time I emailed them they
basically replied, "Yep, those are our geese and that's just about
where we tagged them." I assume that, as long as the neck tags aren't
bothering the geese, there would be no need to remove them. (The tags,
that is :-)

Carol Ansel
Mystic CT