[CT Birds] Lunch in my yard

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Feb 8 22:31:46 EST 2010

A good day for woodpeckers in my yard, as I saw 3  beautiful male Northern
Flickers together on and under my suet feeder.  I  often see 1, but a first
time this year for 3.  Also, a female Red-bellied  Woodpecker and at least 2
Downies.  I saw a flash of white in my neighbor's  yard near a big, half
rotten white pine and grabbed my binoculars in time to  spot a Pileated
Woodpecker pounding away.  Tree has several oblong holes in  it.  I'm sure hes the
resident PIWO I see every week or  so.
A while later I looked out and saw this guy having  lunch:

http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?trackingid=BTAGC&wf=share&galleryi
d=1c57d31b9d8b4eabbc2064c145edc448

I was afraid lunch might have been one of my Flickers, but  close
examination of the photos show it was a Starling.  Great choice  buddy!  Probably the
same Sharpie that buzzed me yesterday as I was putting  out some seed.

Don Morgan
Coventry, Ct