[CT Birds] Startford yard

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 10:22:55 EST 2010

2/10, Stratford yard/feeders/wood edges (9:30a-ish)-

(2) Northern Flickers

(2) male Eastern Towhees

(1) adult Cooper's Hawk

VERY high nmbers of White-throats this morning.  Including all possible spots in my yard area, I counted 42!  Also the juncos, Am. Tree sparrows, about 5 song sparrows, the 3 woodpecker pairs (Hairy/Downy/Red-bellied... and the flicker, so 4).

I was suprised to see onl 3 Goldfinches this morning at the thistle tube and thistle sock.  Within the last 2-3 dyas I had a flock of about 15-20 staying all that day.  Hmmm.  I'm hoping for a Purple Finch.  I've had them at my feeders 3 times this winter, as opposed to NEVER beforehand.

Enjoy the snow!!!

Brian Webster

Stratford, CT

b.webster at hotmail.com