[CT Birds] Adulte Lesser Black-backed Gull, Milford Point

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 12 02:51:57 EST 2010

2/12, Milford Point (around 2:30p)-

(1) Adult LESSER-BLACKED GULL (very little streaking, perhaps molting into breeding plumage already?)  I got some great record shots of it sitting, standing and showing it's bright yellow legs and full wingspans as it moved from area to area near the spit.  The mantle, when next to a Greater-black-back

Other birds were an adult Iceland gull, about 45 Sanderling, very probable Cackling goose, one Northern Harrier, and a gorgeous Peregrine. 5 species of gull.

Off shore I plucked out 2 Horned Grebes in the chops, many Goldeneye, and few Red-brested Meransers and a single Common Loon.

Brian Webster

Stratford, CT

b.webster at hotmail.com

http://thebirdmojo.blogspot.com/