[CT Birds] Stratford yard/GBBC competition?

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 12:14:06 EST 2010

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
02/12/10 - Stratford yard -- 3 AMERICAN WOODCOCK, 1 WINTER WREN, 1 GRAY

The first time any AMWO have been seen since a month ago. Undoubtedly
staying out of their preferred area combined with the recent snowfall
helped. There may have been 4, but I couldn't rule out that bird being one
that flushed previously. The GRCA was a nice surprise.

Please participate in the Great Backyard Bird Count. Last year Stratford
demolished every other town and city in Connecticut. We're well on our way
to winning already. Don't let your hometown be left out, and don't let us
run away with the title so easily! It's exceptionally important (and
sometimes surprisingly wonderful) to find what is in your own local area or

Scott Kruitbosch
Connecticut Audubon Society
Stratford, CT
kbosch at gmail.com