[CT Birds] Red tailed getting mobbed

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 14:50:47 EST 2010

2/12  Orange
Taking our morning walk in Orange around 10AM there was a  beautiful Red
Tailed hawk landing in a tree on Currier Drive.  It was  trying to escape a
mob of 7 crows and 3 blue Jays.  It tried just sitting  in the tree, but the
Crows dive bombed it and whacked it in the head.  I  could see it move as it
got bumped.
Again it flew over to a different branch, and again the crows and jays
followed it (very noisily) and again continued dive bombing the hawk.  It
moved again as the action continued, until it flew out of my view.
I am not sure who I was rooting for, but I sure wouldn't want the hawk to
get injured.
Bev Propen