[CT Birds] Feb 13

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 13 14:53:25 EST 2010

Today our little group of 4 Rusty Blackbirds that have been around for about a week grew to 9 birds.

Also, via The Fat Robin Shop

At the shop yesterday we got two good reports.  One was a first year Baltimore Oriole in Middletown.  She said she would come in today for mealworms if it was still around this morning but we haven't heard anything.

The other report was from a regular that he had a Red-headed Woodpecker.  I started the usual, well you sure it isn't a Red-bellied etc but he is a regular and has Red-bellied's all the time and described the bird perfectly as an adult bird.... full red hood, throat etc and black wings with white bars.  He has seen the bird on and off for about 2 weeks.  Again, he'll call me if it shows again and I'll go check it out. This bird is in Hamden.

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
Toll Free U.S.  1-866-Fat-Robin

Jim Zipp Bird Photography  www.JimZipp.com