[CT Birds] Eared Grebe- NO

ELKINS, Kenneth kelkins at audubon.org
Sat Feb 13 18:10:23 EST 2010

I searched this afternoon around 4pm, and I did not relocate the Eared Grebe.  There were only 3 Horned Grebes today, much less than yesterday when I had 5 within one scope view yesterday, and 21 total throughout Seaside Park.

On Friday, there was a boat processing for oysters, not far from most of the grebes and the Long-tailed ducks.  I'm wondering if the activity in the water was attracting food for the birds.

Good Birding,

Ken Elkins
Education Program Manager
Audubon Center at Bent of the River