[CT Birds] King Eider Report in Mystic and GBBC update

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sun Feb 14 10:42:35 EST 2010

We got a report of 4 King Eiders near Enders Island in Mystic on the GBBC (3 female and 1 immature male) in case anyone is out and about in that part of the state.  It's doubtful that we could accept the records without a photo or multiple observers because of the rarity of this species in the US. (so far these would be the only King Eiders reported in the US, with the only other being a singe individual in Quebec).

We're up to 124 species on the count, not counting the King Eiders.  Some species that are so far missing that have been reported recently include:  Golden Eagle, Harlequin Duck, Common Snipe and probably a few others.

Patrick Comins, Meriden.