[CT Birds] Bobwhite Question

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Sun Feb 14 16:38:28 EST 2010

Hi all-

I went up to the cape this past weekend and spent a lot of time with
bobwhites at the feeders of the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. As a
part-time cape resident I've seen and heard bobwhites a bunch and have
a breeding site close to home where the males do their bob-o-white
throughout the summer.

However, I've noticed that there have been no CT reports. In the Bird-
finding guide to CT written by Buzz Devine and illustrated by Mark
Szantyr it listed Holly Farm as a possible location, though recently I
heard something saying they haven't been there in a few years.

I'm curious to know more about their status in the state at the moment
and if anyone has seen them in the past few years.

I hope it's not too late for this wonderful bird in CT.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield
http://floridascrubjay.wordpress.com/
http://floridascrubjay.zenfolio.com/