[CT Birds] house finches (orange color one too)

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 14:48:01 EST 2010

2/16  Orange backyard
During this snow storm, my normal flock of about 15 house finches has
increased to about 40.  They are everywhere on every feeder and on deck
railings.  The orange coloration house finch seems even more brilliant  against the
snow.  Its crown, malar, throat and upper breast are a  brilliant orange.
sadly there are also 3 female house finches with the  conjunctivitis
symptoms.
I have been cleaning the feeders more often now.
I am up to 8 white throated sparrows and junco numbers remain on the
average of 14.
Bev Propen, Orange