[CT Birds] Recent Stratford birding

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 07:56:11 EST 2010

2/15, Roosevelt Forest (11:00a)-

(1) adult Bald Eagle

2/16, Stratford yard/neighoborhood (8:00a)-

(2) Common Ravens

2/16, Ferry Blvd across from cheap gas-station, in trees along highway (2:40p)-

(1) adult Cooper's Hawk

2/16, Stratford Point (2:45ish-3:30p in driving snow)-

(1) female White-winged Scoter VERY close to shore (closer than dabblers)

(8-10) American Wigeon

(4) Red-breasted Mergansers

(2) Gadwall

(1) Eastern Meadowlark (call heard upon driving in)

2/17, Stratford yard/neighborhood (7:40a)-

(1) Common Raven... this time harrased by crows

(2) male Eastern Towhees working the wood edges/thickets and ground feeding spots

I have a male Goldfinch who is nicely molting (throat, face and nape yellow), and is singing each sunny morning from a tree behind my house.

Brian Webster

Stratford, CT

b.webster at hotmail.com