[CT Birds] Mystery bird photo

Jim Voros voros at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 18 17:01:50 EST 2010

OK, so the bird came back and I took a photo with my blackberry.  It's a terrible photo compounded by the fact our glass is gold tinted.

Defniitely not a mockingbird. I saw it flying and there were no wing bars.  Im not ruling out Shrike but definitely couldnt see the beak from where I was standing.

The tail was long and dark with a slight split at the end.   The rest of the bird was mostly white with some streaking on the head and someone said they saw some orangish on its belly but I did not.  The bird was definitely the same size as the robin.

maybe someone else can make sense of the horrible photo.