[CT Birds] Mystery Bird Revealed

Jim Voros voros at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 19 08:43:29 EST 2010

Thanks for everyones input on the bird.  As much as I and others hoped it would be something different than what it is, its a Leucistic Robin for certain. I got a better look at it this morning and its very clear.  Robin beak, legs, and eyes.  The tail feathers, wings and top of his head are in fact solid black which is why it is very easy to confuse with something like a northern shrike until you see the details of the head and beak.    In my book, its still very neat to see. There aren't many birds this size that come in white.

Another photo, still awful.