[CT Birds] Sherwood Island SP sightings

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:16:53 EST 2010

2/19 - Westport -Sherwood Island SP -4 CANVASBACKS on the Mill Pond at the entrance,but,I did not see the Pintail this AM.

                        RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES continue in the pine grove as well as the 2 EASTERN TOWHEE (male & female)

                        down towards the Mill Pond platform.I suspect these may be our first pair of Towhee to "settle in" for the

                        season.I also had 2 SAVANNAH SPARROWS and 3 TREE SPARROWS along the road toward the Nature Center.

Tina Green

Westport