[CT Birds] slow winter

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 19 11:39:05 EST 2010

A trip around our regular haunts here in NW CT produced the following:
Canaan rt 44 - 6 BLACK and 5 TURKEY VULTURE.

Canaan MT from Norfolk to Under Mt Rd -
1 Chickadee, 1 Bluejay, Many Junco, 30 Turkeys in a tree eating Bittersweet berries!
50 ROBIN, plus several Moose tracks. We saw a Red-tailed Hawk eating a
 Red Squirrel - Thats it!
Our back tour through North Canaan, Colebrook produced nothing of note.

All winter, this area has been very slow and suprisingly void of birds.
 Hope the spring will gives better results.

Paul, Douglas Carrier and Ayla