[CT Birds] Spring bird songs in New Milford, thanks to a little hearing aid help

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 22 13:21:33 EST 2010

I was doing some early morning errands in New Milford, CT this morning (22 Feb. Monday) and noted some birds singing. I heard eastern bluebird and house finch singing. Having become aware of my loss of hearing in the last few years I was happy that my new hearing aids helped greatly in hearing the birds today. Late last Spring I was helping do a bird survey, keeping the time for the survey, and my colleagues talked of American redstarts they had heard. I said what redstarts?  Having once been proud of being a good ear birder I hope this Spring I will hear a lot of birds that I have missed hearing over the past couple of years.

David W Babington
Washington, CT