[CT Birds] Farmington - Harlequin Duck present 2/25 8am

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Feb 25 10:53:24 EST 2010

Passing this along.

 From SH Johnston, Farmington
2/25/10 Mill Lane, Farmington - 1 HARLEQUIN DUCK (drake) continues in the mill pond below the Grist Mill Restaurant at 8:00 am. The river is rising rapidly so we can expect the duck to move away from the mill pond until the water falls. I am wondering when we would expect it to move north?
2/24/10 Farmington River, behind cemetery on Garden Street, 6 WOOD DUCKS (4m,2f); 1 BROWN CREEPER at suet feeder in yard. 2 PURPLE GRACKLES (m,f,) have been at the feeder on and off for a week or so.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT