[CT Birds] American goldfinch invasion? All of one here in Washington, CT so far

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 27 13:18:07 EST 2010

I noted Donna Rose's comment about her American goldfinch invasion in Woodbury. I am doing Feeder watch here in Washington, CT this weekend and so far have seen one American goldfinch. The one American goldfinch today is the first I have seen for 2009-2010 Feeder Watch here since my 20-21 Nov 2009 Feeder Watch period. Lots of juncos, blue jays, and white-throated sparrows here today for Feeder Watch. I hope the one American goldfinch here today is a portent for a lot more American goldfinches here.

David W Babington
Washington, CT