[CT Birds] raccoons awake

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Mon Mar 1 09:25:13 EST 2010

Inaugural report for me to the folks at CT Birds:

First foray of the season at the Stebbins Wildlife Refuge in Longmeadow, Mass. on 2/28 (10:00 -1:00)

3 blue birds
1 RT Hawk (adult, but very light phase)
1 Spotted Thrush (Hermit I think, but not sure)  too gray for Veery
200+ Robins
3 blue jays
6 WT sparrows (starting to show white patch and yellow lores)
1 white-B nut hatch
4 common Golden Eyes - on CT River
4 common Mergansers - on CT River
1 Carolina Wren
2 Mallards
4 Tufted Titmouse
2 Hairy WP
4 Downey WP
7 crows (1 fish?)
2 RW black birds (heard others)
1 Starling - ugh
1 Cardinal
4 Common Grackle

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Senior Project Manager
Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
77 Hartland Street, Suite 300
East Hartford, Connecticut 06108
860-466-8515 - Office
860-466-8501- Fax
860-930-7808- Cell

This electronic mail message may contain information which is (a) LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE,  and (b) intended only for the use of the Addressee (s) names herein.  If you are not the Addressee(s), or the person responsible for delivering this to the Addressee (s), you are hereby notified that reading, copying, or distributing this message is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please contact us immediately at (617) 646-7800 and take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from your computer system.  Thank you,