[CT Birds] Time to start listening for Woodcocks

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Tue Mar 2 09:57:31 EST 2010

With the warm weather it's time to start watching/listening for Woodcocks. Over the next couple of weeks migrants should be augmenting the few birds that managed to overwinter and displays should be occurring any calm evening that the temp is around 40 degrees or higher. Spring is just around the corner, on my morning run today I heard virtually every species in the neighborhood in full song. It is also time to start watching for Bonaparte's Gulls staging, from now until early April.

Dave Provencher
Naturally New England<http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.