[CT Birds] Long Beach closure beyond parking lot

Chasbarnard at aol.com Chasbarnard at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 10:22:28 EST 2010

Brian Webster just called me and asked me to relay the information that the
 cottage removal work at Long Beach has begun and, as a result, we are not
permitted to walk the beach beyond the western end of the parking lot. The
construction of a temporary road out to the cottages is now taking place.
This work will end on March 15, due to concerns for arriving Piping  Plover.
Brian said that the Glaucous Gull was still present and the " Western
Willet" is still over at Johnson Creek.
Charlie Barnard