[CT Birds] Chipmunks

DEIRDRE MURTHA sdmurtha at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 8 13:53:28 EST 2010

Admittedly off-topic but I've been reminded of a discussion last spring about the lack, or at least late appearance, of chipmunks... I've thought of it because the last two days I've seen chipmunks, and Saturday it was up in Sharon where there's still a few inches of snow on the ground.  I had also seen one in Greenwich on a warmish day about a month ago.  I'm Curious to see if this spring is markedly different than last, which begs the question "why?"  Do chipmunks have cyclical population crashes?
-Sean Murtha,  Norwalk