[CT Birds] Chipmunks

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 15:32:02 EST 2010

I was under the impression that chipmonks were a stong link in the ecosystem....  eating nuts and whatnot, and getting eaten by others.  So I would expect that their populations coincide with the abundance (again, or lack there of) natural food crops.

I saw a few today on my walk in Roosevelt Forest in Stratford, as well as a pair a few days ago in Shelton.

In addition, I saw my first Mourning Cloak of the year at Roosevelt, and heard my first Wood Frog of the year today.

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com
http://thebirdmojo.blogspot.com/