[CT Birds] bird atlas for New Haven, jobs with Audubon

FIELD, Christopher cfield at audubon.org
Tue Mar 9 13:08:25 EST 2010

A few IBA-related pieces of news: First, we're organizing a project to create a pilot breeding bird atlas for New Haven County, so we're going to be looking for volunteers to do some bird surveys there. I've posted an introduction to the project on the new IBA blog (http://connecticutiba.blogspot.com/) and I'll be posting more information soon. Second, we are looking to hire a few people to do bird surveys this summer. The job announcements can also be found on the blog. Finally, we are continuing the IBA Small Matching Grants Program in 2010. In the past, we've only funded projects that take place at publicly recognized IBAs, but this year we are opening up the program to a more inclusive list of sites. More information can be found in the request for proposals and application, which be downloaded from the most recent blog entry.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you have any questions,
Chris

Chris Field
IBA Program Coordinator
Audubon Connecticut