[CT Birds] Killdeer, etc.

judymoore at optonline.net judymoore at optonline.net
Tue Mar 9 17:51:41 EST 2010

First Killdeer for the season for me at HBSP this morning, in the reclaimed marsh.  The only other shorebird was one lone Ruddy Turnstone on the jetty.   Still 30 Horned Larks at the Nature Center parking lot, a few Yellow-rumped Warblers at the entrance to Willard's Island, a  Northern Harrier over the marsh.I have been hearing a Great Horned Owl around 2:30 AM  in my neighborhood.  I have also enjoyed watching the local RS Hawk take on a larger RT.Judy MooreWoodbridge