[CT Birds] Ring-necked Pheasants

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Wed Mar 10 18:26:30 EST 2010

By coincidence I heard one calling today as well, in farmland in Watertown,
in an area where they are definitely released. I agree completely with
Dennis that the 2 sites he mentioned hold reproducing pheasants. Another
place that did (and probably still does) is the Manresa power plant property
in Norwalk, but access there now is essentially nonexistent. There are
probably some other places as well, but when you get out into open farmland
it's probably impossible to separate breeders (if there are any) from
released birds.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury