[CT Birds] Station 43

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Wed Mar 10 20:24:55 EST 2010

3/9  Station 43 marsh, South Windsor 3PM
After spending the morning lobbying at the Capital with the Friends of State
Parks to "Ease the Fees" on park admissions, etc. I stopped at Station 43
marsh and had my first 3 Tree Sparrows of the season, 7 species of ducks
including GW Teal, Wood duck, Wigeon, Ring-necked, a pair of Hooded mergs, 1
GB Heron, 1 Kingfisher, lots of RW Blackbirds and 100's of Crows heading
back to Hartford for the evening. Interesting no Mute Swans yet this year in
the marsh.  But on Ferry Rd. a pair of Bald Eagles.

Jan in Somers