[CT Birds] open water

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 11:16:51 EST 2010

Just about every body of water here in from the Stratford/Shelton line (from the Sikorky Birdge down) seems 100% open.

This weather really made A TON if ice disappear.... and turned trails into muddy walkways!  It also flattened out reefs in the Sound due to the recent (waning now) Full moon, high tides, and weekly Nor'Eastersn in Feb.  Penfield Reef, at -0.3, with 7mph winds.... still had to have the knee-highs to get through the middle.

Hope thae helps.  The only bodies of water that I've been around that still have frozen water left is Trap Falls Reservoir in Shelton, some sheets on the Housatonic, and (werid) Hope Lake on Nell's Rock Rd. in Shelton.  I figured it'd be totally open that day I was there during this 52+ degree warm spell.

(Man... it's all in the back of our heads....  it WILL eventually dop back into the low 40's and high 30's, and I bet will get seom winter weather before all is said and done.  Lets hope for that NOT happening....!!)

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com