[CT Birds] Ring-neck Pheasants: Not a sighting but some talk.

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 09:54:07 EST 2010

I've enjoyed the conversation and reports about Pheasants.
Thanks to Dennis for volunteering to map the State Pheasant population and/or record reports.
Thanks to Greg for his details about the nature of his sightings and for reminding us all that "the absence of proof is not proof of absence"....i.e. despite the fact that he's never seen little Pheasant chicks running around after Mom doesn't mean they aren't out there.
And thanks to Paul for his sight report of chicks even if it was 10 years ago, hey, why not now.
My interest dates back to the early 1960's when as a kid in Cromwell we used to see Pheasant chicks on occasion in the Cromwell Meadows (before rte 9) and in Dead-mans Swamp (which in those days was called "The Nooks"). I personally haven't seen Pheasant chicks with a hen in CT since about 1961-1962.
Bill YuleLyme